WHAT WE DO
Most people admire the work of an interior designer without appreciating what interior design actually involves. Decorating is but a small, yet important phase of our work. Our work goes far beyond fabrics and colour.
Interior design demands education, research, and analytical skills; a command of technology, construction and building codes is essential. While more than 100,000 designers call themselves "professional", only 1 in 10 has met standards set by their peers, to become NCIDQ certified. All certified interior designers must have successfully completed a rigorous examination.
As trained professionals and members of ARIDO, we are required to carry liability insurance and are bound by professional ethics and standards of practice; these strict requirements help ensure the success of your project and protect your financial investment
For the purpose of improving the quality of life, increasing productivity and protecting the health, safety and welfare of the public, professional interior designers do the following:
- Analyze the client's needs, goals and life / safety requirements;
- Formulate preliminary design concepts that are functional, esthetically pleasing and financially appropriate;
- Develop and present final design recommendation;
- Provide management services, including project budgeting, and schedules;
- Prepare working drawings and specifications for interior construction, materials, finishes, space planning, furnishings, fixtures and equipment;
- Collaborate with other trades and consultants who offer professional services in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical and structural design as required for permits;
- Prepare and administer bids and contract documents as the client's agent;
- Review and evaluate construction during implementation (project management) and upon completion.
Southam design focuses on the following types of design:
- CUSTOM Homes under 6000 sq.ft.
- Basement design
- Bathroom design
- Kitchen design
- Lighting design
RESTAURANT / BAR DESIGN
RETAIL / SPECIALTY
- retail design
- Hair salons
- Boutique retirement homes
- Chiropractic offices
Type of Services
-concept development and space planning, detailed construction drawings and specification documents, millwork design and specifications, lighting and electrical plans and specifications, tender and project management, permit applications